While most other developers use cheap or shared hosting, we have always saw it as vital to have our own server which we can control. This allows us to ensure that our customers receive the best possible performance and security. Our philosophy is “performance and security without compromise”.
Our server now consists of a whopping 24 processors, 16 GB of RAM, SSD Hard Drives, backup network connections and 3 connections to the internet backbone. All this provides premium performance and extensive reliability for every website, no matter how many visitors are trying to load the website.
On Friday, April 09, 2010 Google announced that it was now using speed as a metric when judging the quality of a website and its contents. Other search engines shortly followed.
Benefits of speed extend far beyond just search engines. A number of studies have been conducted which found that faster websites have the following effects:
- Increased perceived credibility – Study: Fogg et al. 2001
- Increased perceived quality – Study: Bouch, Kuchinsky, and Bhatti 2000
- Perceived to be more interesting – Study: Ramsay, Barbesi, and Preece 1998
- Perceived to be more attractive – Study: Skadberg and Kimmel 2004
- Less frustration – Study: Ceaparu et al. 2004
- Lower blood pressure – Study: Scheirer et al. 2002
- Higher conversion rates (more sales) – Study: Akamai 2007
- Lower bailout rates (fewer lost sales) – Study: Nielsen 2000
Having our own server also allows us to add as much security measures as we like and our server includes many layers of security to ensure our customers are fully protected.
Our security includes:
- Daily server updates
- Weekly website updates
- Scanning every file submitted to a website before it goes live
- Scanning all files on all accounts each evening
- Rule based detection of exploit attempts, blocking the offending IP perminantly
- Blocking known bad bots and user agents
- Checking visitors IP against blacklists
- Blocking IPs with multiple failed login attempts